Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Chapter Three: On Our Own

     Baurus ran into the room. He had searched Uriel's body for anything that was valuable, and found the Amulet Of Kings. Baurus took it and told us to go to Jauffre, at the Weynon Priory. He explained that Uriel had another son, aside from all the others that were assassinated. There was still hope for the Empire. We can still live to see another day, ruled by a good and wise man. He gave us a key to exit the sewers, he said he could not go with us, for he was to protect Uriel's body from any more assassins until more guards came up. Baurus took the katana that the Argonian had. He gave him a steel shortsword, just like mine. He also asked us what birthsign we were. He asked me first. I said that I was born under the birthsign of The Thief, because I was fast and could sneak, and had some good luck. He also asked us what class we were. I said that I am not any of those classes, because I had a different style of combat, yet have not developed much in it. I had my Agility and Speed as my favored attributes. My favored classes were Blade, Light Armor, Illusion, Conjuration, Sneak, Armorer, and Block. I called myself a Chameleon. The Argonian introduced himself to me, his name was Renus'Tah Relt. Renus told me that after we leave the sewers, we will separate; to hone our skills. After one year, we will meet again at these very sewers, ready to search for the last heir to the throne. I agreed, because I know that we will be stronger, as our enemies get stronger as well.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     Baurus told us to leave before the assassins know that we have the Amulet Of Kings. We ran as fast as we could, and saw the exit. We used the key that Baurus gave us, and started our journey through the sewers! There was the smell of rats, goblins and mudcrabs in the air. Renus told me to gather my courage and fight to the exit. In a nearby crate, I saw food that could heal us and restore our strength. I brewed up a potion that cured me of that disease, the one that the rat gave me. I also made four healing potions, to heal our wounds after battle. Renus had found some plants that can make good poisons. I made a poison that paralyzes for a few seconds. We climbed down a ladder, and we were in the Imperial Sewers. I saw around four mudcrabs under us, and so I jumped down into a shadowy area, and killed two of them. The other two saw me and moved slowly to me, while Renus broke their shells with an elbow bash; killing them. Taking their meat, I brew up another potion. I made a healing potion again. We moved on further, and found ourselves cornered by two Goblin Skirmishers and a Goblin Shaman. I reached into my backpack and took the Goblin Shaman Staff and blasted them to death. One Skirmisher was slain by Renus, because I saw a legless Skirmisher at the corner of my eye. The Shaman summoned a Skeleton Hero to fight us, but it was futile! We killed it faster than how I killed them with my staff! We slept for about two hours when we heard very loud shrieking close to us.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     The shrieking soon stopped, and we calmed down and went back to sleep. We woke up soon after, and investigated what happened. We walked very slow, and saw a small encampment of bandits, and blood on the walls. We saw corpses of goblins going downstream with the sewer water. The smell of blood filled the air. We saw around three bandits there, and they killed a total of seven goblins. They are strong, so how do we advance? I'll tell you how. We lured one at a time by making noise on our side. Then, we hid behind walls and struck when him or her had his or her guard down. The first one screamed, so our plan was ruined. Even if one was down, it was still a tough fight against two of them. We took the spoils from our enemies. I found a Chainmail Cuirass, Helmet, Boots, Gauntlets, and Greaves. I also found an Elven Longsword! My lucky day! My armor and weapons just got stronger! I let go of the rest of my old armor. Renus found a Dwarven set from a bandit; and a Dwarven Longsword. We also found five thousand septims! We split it up, and now I had a total of 2,817 septims with me, while Renus only had 2,500 septims! Ha! We soon saw the door to the exit at the end. We opened the door, and saw sunlight once more.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     It was so sad. My newfound friend has to leave me already? We said our goodbyes, and parted ways. I was so scared. I was all alone, while I saw Renus in the distance. We waved our hands one last time, before the year started. I bit my lips, because of so much fright and nervousness. I started walking in a random direction, and in around three hours later, I had slain about fifteen wolves, and just kept on walking. I heard some noise a few meters away. I heard a warrior scream, "For the Emperor!" I ran on ahead and helped the man, and to my surprise, I saw Renus fighting three minotaurs! I immediately helped him and used some special power I felt within me! I had conjured a Dremora Markynaz! Even though I was not sure how I did it, I just went on and kept on fighting. I fought with much strength! I was even able to stagger a minotaur! I just saved Renus! My Markynaz disappeared, and Renus and I parted once more. I was headed North, to Bruma, while Renus was headed East, to Cheydinhal to his home town. Renus had come to Imperial City because he needed to run some errands for his friend. It seems that his 'friend' put him in a trap, because the Watch mistook him as the theif of ten thousand septims worth of Ebony Warhammers. I was headed to Bruma, to go see my mother. I wanted to see her again after five years. Right now, I am going to sleep in my bedroll, in a bandit camp I just cleared. There was only one of them, the armor was weak, but he had two hundred septims with him. Good night, for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment